Mr. Aaby, our new Dean of Students, invites our Tiger’s to show your school spirit as we kick off back-to-school Remote Learning!
To read all the latest updates and a letter from our Principal Mr. Mitchell, go no further! For the week of August 30th – CLICK HERE TO READ
To read all the latest updates and a letter from our Principal Mr. Mitchell, go no further! For the week of August 23rd – CLICK HERE TO READ
To read all the latest updates and a letter from our Principal Mr. Mitchell, go no further! For the week of August 16th – CLICK HERE TO READ
To read all the latest updates and a letter from our Principal Mr. Mitchell, go no further! For the week of July 28th – CLICK HERE TO READ
Now that the State of Washington has begun the “Safe Start” phase, we are (finally!) able to move forward with a plan to return student materials. We will have student materials from the classroom(s), pre-purchased yearbooks, & medications available for drive-by pick-up next week. Please keep the following in mind:
- If your LAST NAME begins with the letter A – L, your pick up day will be Tuesday, June 16th from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM and again from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- If your LAST NAME begins with the letter M – Z, your pick up day will be Wednesday, June 17th from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM and again from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- There will be signs and people directing the flow of traffic for this pick-up event
- For the health & safety of everyone involved, everybody (students included) must remain in their vehicle the entire time – social distancing is a must. (There will be no on-campus visits of any kind to classrooms, playground, bathrooms, etc.)
- We highly encourage people to consider using PPE (personal protective equipment – masks, gloves, have hand sanitizer readily available) during this event
- If you are someone falls into a high-risk category as defined by the CDC and/or have specific concerns or need special accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for special arrangements
- Unfortunately, due to reasons of confidentiality & for personal safety, we cannot have friends/neighbors picking up another student’s material(s)
We understand that this is (and has been) a very stressful time for everyone involved – families, students, staff members, etc. We are doing everything we reasonably can whilst keeping safety/health first and following CDC guidelines. Thank you in advance for understanding the expectations set forth in this process as we all work collaboratively towards the end of this very historic school year.
The information about our Science Fair was sent home earlier this year.
Your child is still invited to participate in our Shadow Lake Science Fair!
Our Virtual Celebration of Learning has been rescheduled to Wednesday,
June 3. There will be a special website for Shadow Lake families to visit to
view all presentations from the staff showcasing the wonderful work our
Tigers have done this school year. Science projects will be featured in the
If your child would like to share their project in a video or slide show,
please it submit it in the link below by Monday, June 1:
Our school will celebrate the power of reading at the upcoming Online Scholastic Book Fair. You are invited to help our school create a culture of reading, build our school libraries, and you will have the opportunity to shop and select books with your child for your home library! A portion of all the proceeds will go back to our school – your support makes a difference!
The more your children read with you at home, the better their comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency. Check out this reading research and find more information on how you can support your child’s reading life at home: http://s-bf.com?u=48xm
So, let’s get ready and make this a summer of reading to remember! You’re invited to shop our Read-a-Palooza Virtual Book Fair May 18 through September 4, 2020 to support our school and help students discover favorite characters, series, and collections all summer long. Click here for a preview of some exciting titles.
Stocking up for summer reading has never been easier:
Find the same exclusive titles as our in-school Book Fair
Orders ship direct to home
FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
All purchases benefit our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop Now” to get started! Click here: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=shadowlakeelementaryschool1
Happy reading Tigers!
Scott Mitchell & Jamie Fairbanks
SLES Principal & SLES Book Fair Coordinator
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are
not eligible for this shipping promotion.
This year, our Tiger Family PTA will provide just over $50 per student ($25,000 total) toward school programs, assemblies, community events and field trip experiences this year. We’re even helping create a brand-new sensory room for our students!
We’re excited to invite you to help make all of this possible by participating in our Tiger Annual Fund. 100% of the donations will stay right here at Shadow Lake so it’s an excellent way to make a BIG impact for our kids.
- Literacy programs for all 475+ students
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) experiences in Kindergarten through 5th grade
- Family nights building our community
- School-wide art lessons
- Staff appreciation events
- School assemblies to extend students’ learning
- Field trip experiences in Kindergarten through 5th grade
Help make this the best year yet for our tigers by donating HERE.
P.S. Please help spread the word by inviting friends and family to contribute too! Our PTA is a non-profit so all donations are tax deductible.
Tiger Families!! Here are the minutes from today’s PTA meeting. Thank you to all who joined us – lots of new faces – and to the school board candidates who joined us.
See you all at the Open House!